Monday, June 20, 2011

Tool #3-Video and Image Resource


I found this video on Teacher Tube from an episode of the Andy Griffith show. I loved watching the reruns as a child.
This video is called the " The Preamble to the Constitution" Although this is old school, I think it would be good for students to watch. It shows that memorizing facts is not enough. I have remembered things I learned a long time ago because there was a memorable product tied to the learning. I retained information because there was a product ( play, skit, power point, video, etc.) that made the learning come alive. Students will learn and retain content if they can produce a product that is something of their choice. The 11 tools will open the door to a whole new way of learning information.




I found this on School Tube. A student has taken an essay she wrote about Spring and turned it into a digital story. I think this would be so cool for students to do with their writing. I see using this at the beginning of the school year. I could create a personal narrative about myself using the digital storytelling and share with my students. They could create a digital story as a final product. I just need to learn how to do the digital storytelling part. Maybe it will be in one of the upcoming tools. I am really excited about all the technology I am learning this summer.

As far as copyright laws, I knew most of the rules already. There were no new surprises.

I am off to the clouds for Tool #4.

1 comment:

Dyanna said...

I agree, digital storytelling would be an amazing thing to do with your class. What a way to start the year! :) The following link is to UofH website all about digital storytelling. It talks about how to get started and the steps to go through.
http://digitalstorytelling.coe.uh.edu/getting_started.html