Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tool # 6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

I created accounts for a few of the tools that were listed. The first one is Wall Wisher. This was easy to set up. This would be a different way for students to post responses to books or any other reading in the classroom. I like that it can be manipulated as well, so you can categorize responses on the ActivBoard. This can be added to a classroom blog so students can respond at home.



One of the other tools I liked was Edmodo. I attended the class at Teacher U this summer on Edmodo. It sparked my interest in learning more about this tool. This was created out of the popularity of social networks. It is a safe social network for the classroom. Teachers can create a class group for students to join. The teacher can post assignments, homework, class notes, and grades for students to view. I am not sure about the grades part. I would have to research this more. Students can safely post comments on Edmodo to other peers in their class. I see this being used at home for discussions on homework and other assignments. The teacher would also have the opportunity to teach digital citizenship before students would be allowed to join the group.

I am now ready for Tool #7.














No comments: