Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tool # 7: Reaching Outside Your Classroom:Online Digital Projects

I will have 2 classes for language arts/social studies in the fall. I plan to use the tool Edmodo so both classes can communicate with each other about novels they are reading in book club.

a. TLW use Edmodo to facilitate an online book discussion about a novel being read in class by responding to questions posted by the teacher.
b. I plan to implement this in the first nine weeks of school.
c. Edmodo
d. I will teach digital citizenship before allowing students to use Edmodo. I will model how to have an online book discussion. Students will then respond to questions posted by me. I also plan on using links and video clips ( author interviews) for students to view and respond to. Assignments can also be posted for students to complete; such as writing a poem based on the character traits of the main character. They can turn in the assignments on Edmodo. Students can also respond to polls and have discussions about the results. At the end of the novel, students can post their critique of the book.
e. Once the classes get this going, I would like use Edmodo to communicate with other students at my school and throughout the district.

No comments: