Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tool # 10: Underneath it All- Digital Citizenship

There are 3 things I want students to understand about being good digital citizens. These are from the National Educational Technology Standards for Students.

1. Teach students how to practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology.
2. Teach students to exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
3. Teach students to demonstrate personal responsibility for life long learning.



I think that Atomic Learning has some good resources that can be used in the classroom. I also like the ISafe website. It is important for students to know what the district policy is for Internet use in the classroom. Brain Pop had several videos on digital citizenship. I have included the link for one of the videos below.
I would start teaching digital citizenship very early in the school year since technology in the classroom is a big initiative.



I think the school should inform parents of the district policy for Internet use. I would also follow up with grade level meetings and/or classroom meetings.

No comments: