Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tool # 8: Taking a Look at the Tools

I am excited about the devices that will be in my classroom this fall. I received an IPad before school let out for the summer. I attended one of the classes on IPads during Teacher U in June. I learned how to sync the IPad to ITunes and set up my district ITunes account. I learned how to find free aps for use in the classroom. I have been playing with it all summer and want one of my own!
I also learned about the netbooks and how to use the webcam that comes with this device. Very cool! I don't know if 4th grade will be receiving the netbooks or not, but I certainly hope so!!

Classroom management will be first and foremost before anything else. I know most students will know how to use the devices but they will need to be taught how to use them properly in the classroom setting.

I plan on doing the following to manage the devices in my classroom.
1. Model how use the devices using the Elmo. ( whole class)
2. Model in small groups how to use the devices.
3. Create classroom rules and consequences( if not used correctly) for using the devices.
4. Assign classroom techs ( students who will be responsible for the management of the devices).
5. Mini lessons how to use the devices in workstations as needed.

Ready for Tool #9!!!



No comments: