Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tool # 11: Self Assessment and Reflecting

This has been a journey. I created a Prezi to show what tools I liked the most. It is very simple but I will continue to play with this so I am can show my students how to best utilize this tool.



I plan on teaching digital citizenship at the beginning of the school year. I would like to get Edmodo up and running in the first few weeks of school. I will also have to educate parents on the uses of Edmodo. This will be a place to post assignments, upcoming events, discussion questions, helpful links or websites, and even videos for students to view. It will be a place teachers and students to communicate with each other. It will be very important to set clear guidelines.

It will take some practice and planning to make all this happen in the classroom. I think starting with a few tools and then adding on will be the best way for me to accommodate the 21st Century learner. I also think teachers will benefit from collaborating with each other as grade level teams and across grade levels.

I look forward to the challenge!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Prezi is a really cool tool, sin't it! Hope you are able to use it for your lessons this year. Unfortunately, it isn't available to your students because of the 13 years and over agreement - or, has that changed? I would so LOVE for them to create a way for students to use! Just like xtranormal.

Edmodo is a great tool - a little educational social network! They have webinars all the time if you're interested in learning more. They also have a great help site. I can hardly wait to learn how it goes for you this year!